Some Dietary advise for thyroid diseases such as underactive thyroid (hypothyroid), hyperthyroidism, goiter, hashimoto’s disease etc. there are some food (Rightly called as goitrogens) which prevents the regulation of thyroid function.
Recommended Diet Plan
- Flax seeds/ alsi/ jawas: 2 tsp roasted whole or powdered to be eaten daily.
- Consume whole fruits.
- Reduce topping with iodized salt.
- 2-3 serving of pulse, dals, sprouts.
- Eat vegetables liberally, salads and soup, colorful fruits and vegetables
- Skimmed milk, curd, paneer
- Raw cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, kale, turnip, almonds, walnuts
- Refined flour (maida) products like bread, biscuits, khari, toast, pasta, macroni
- Concentrated dairy products
- Papad, pickles; canned, preserved fried foods to be avoided. reduced coconut usage, table salt
- consumpation of alcohol, somoking
- limit products like jam, jelly, chocolates, ice creams, cakes, pastries, canned aerated drinks